O Italian is run by an expat couple working in Asia for the past 10 years.
For the past 10 years traveling around Asia, here’s what they have discovered:
- Working in countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Indonesia
- Able to speak English more and be more fluent, just like Italian language
- Learned a little of Chinese, Singlish (Singapore style English), and some Thai words (Sawadeekrap!)
- Tons of weird asian food, like Durian, Frog meat, Smelly Tofu, Chicken Feet, Curry Fish Head
- Gelato ice-creams are incredibly expensive in Asia
- Asian thought we italians only eat pizzas and spaghetti back home
- Asians love to watch footballs but they support English clubs more (hey! I’m looking for Milan fans here! Any?)
As of writing, we are based in Singapore, and probably here for the next 3 years till we are posted again. We have worked here previously, and things have changed so fast.
We are still traveling to different parts of Southeast Asia for short work trips, but we always love to explore deep into the different cultures of the people there. We have yet to drop by Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Myanmar in the region. We hope to visit there next!
So all of these little explorations and discoveries, we hope to use this blog to share our thoughts with the people out there. It is a whole big world out there. If we can learn from one another, abeit little things, over time, we will have learned a lot from one another.
Alright, that’s a little about us here.
Read our blog for more!